How does my test and/or pre-production environment work in Resalys? As well as your production database, you will most likely have a test and/or pre-production environment for testing certain Resalys functions or configurations. So how do they work?
How do my test and/or pre-production environments work in Resalys?
Depending on your contract, you will most likely benefit from a test and/or pre-production environment in addition to your production database.
Both can be used to test certain functions, configurations or behaviours in Resalys. Here’s a quick comparison of the two environments:
The data in these environments are protected to avoid any errors that might lead to a bank transaction, an email being sent to a customer or any other interaction with an external production system (access control, WiFi router, etc.):
- All customer e-mail addresses are replaced by firstname.lastname@example.org
- All credit card information is destroyed
- Interfacing agents (access control etc.) are deactivated
- Resalys-Resalys gateways are deactivated
- Payment gateways are deactivated
- Documents to be sent are deactivated
- The gateway with your CRM is deactivated
- The task sequencer (RlsTasks) is deactivated
- Gateways with online tour operators are deactivated
- FTP accounts that give access to communicate with partners are deleted
There’s a very simple way of making sure you’re working in one of these databases: simply check that “Test environment” appears as a watermark in the background of your Resalys application.
For more information about how these environments work, you can always consult the online Wiki. The setup procedure is described here.
We encourage you to get in touch with your Support consultant for any further questions on the topic.